Change for struggling young adults starts at Pulsar
We help young adults and their families overcome challenges that limit their potential. We work with bright 18-28 year-olds to address behavioral or motivational attitudes impacting their success in life. The Southern Idaho Wilderness is a mecca for outdoor adventure activities and this ideal setting is where your child will thrive.
We help young adults step out of their comfort zone, improve their self-esteem, and help our clients build their confidence through self-success. Our program helps create positive changes and improvements through engagement and adventure. We have a supportive environment that encourages clients to push themselves physically and emotionally to create lasting changes.
What makes Pulsar different?
We have a higher level of therapy than other programs, but in a very hands-on applied manner. For instance, we use adventure activities as teaching tools. We have clients that have never been in wilderness environments doing things they never would have imagined they were capable of doing.
The intensity and variety of experiences leads to larger therapeutic change in a shorter period of time. We use individual, group, equine, and family therapy to address challenges in every environment for our clients.
- Adventure Therapy as a centerpiece of a program to explore personal growth through a variety of new experiences: rock climbing, backpacking, mountain biking, canoeing, white water rafting, cross country skiing, snowshoeing, hiking, horsemanship, caving, historical outings
- Service work in the community which helps clients expand their worldview and think of the needs of others.
- Daily yoga, meditation and mindfulness
- Weekly equine therapy to develop healthy relationships and improved communication
- Base camps complete with yurts/Geodesic domes, cots, cooking center – all activities stem from this “home away from home” In the summer months each client has their own individual tent.
- More therapy as therapists are “in the field” with clients four days per week
- Individual therapy two times per week. Group therapy four times per week.
- A family-centered approach involving parents in a comprehensive program to reconnect the entire family through a family systems process when appropriate
- Technology used for video journals and video conferencing family therapy sessions when appropriate
Life is a journey. Our comprehensive multi-faceted and clinical approach in the wilderness helps young adults and their parents navigate this journey in a positive direction. We believe that through a balance of self-assessment, insight-oriented therapy, outdoor living, adventure activities and academic focus these young adults will find their true selves.