The Spark in All of Us
Why the name “BlueFire”? The blue part of a fire is the hottest part. It represents the core and the passion that exists in all of us – teens and adults alike.
Our goal is to help guide others on a personal journey and to discover and confront their core beliefs and fears and realize their strengths, hopes and dreams.
Many deep and meaningful conversations take place around a campfire. We believe these conversations and connections create possibilities for the future. BlueFire Wilderness Therapy provides an opportunity for your troubled teen or young adult to make life-altering self-discoveries, learn through challenges and gain life skills.
Want to Learn More?
We're happy to answer any questions you have about blueFire Wilderness
Helping Families is Our Passion and the Core of What We Do
We at BlueFire wilderness program believe in, and are passionate about, helping our clients to develop specific and translatable skills. As such, our program is designed to create a high impact in a relatively short period of time.
We incorporate familiar and supportive elements, such as communication with parents and video journaling. The powerful reminder of the journey is captured on video, which will be a keepsake that can be used as a reminder of the BlueFire Wilderness Therapy experience and a real-time assurance to families that change is happening.
Comforts which are not found in traditional wilderness therapy programs can be found at BlueFire. These include:
- Base camp: yurt structures with bunk beds, chairs, storage. Time for showers, phone conferences, laundry
- Equine facility: weekly interaction with horses in therapy sessions and general grooming
- Multi-disciplinary team: a team of professionals all involved in providing treatment
- Extra therapy time: a therapist in the group, in the field, four times per week with your troubled teen
- Family time: four day Family Spark experience reuniting, communicating, future planning
- High quality gear: clients start their program with as much as they believe they need and work towards primitive skills for maximum self-reliance
Gather, Build, & Ignite the Spark
We utilize the idea of how to build a great fire throughout our wilderness therapy programming. It is certainly applicable in reference to BlueFire’s philosophy on how we help your troubled teen or young adult create lasting change. Through a process that we call Gather, Build, Ignite, our clients will:
- Gather the information needed to help our clients and our team create a specific, personalized treatment plan. The client also Gathers the information that they will need to become aware of themselves and of their actions.
- Build by having your troubled teen or struggling young adult learn to take responsibility for past actions and start to experiment new ways of dealing with issues, troubles and struggles. Our talented staff serve as guides through this process.
- Ignite through clients practicing the new life skills acquired at BlueFire that will work to improve critical areas of daily life: communication, empathy, service, exercise, adventure, therapy, self insight, to name a few.
Clients will take these new skills with them and utilize them or as we like to say “continue to tend their fire.” Just like a good camp fire is never completed, a client’s journey never has a destination. We must all continue to tend the fires to work with new and past struggles in a positive, impactful way.