Wilderness Therapy Programs for Troubled Teens Can Help
BlueFire Wilderness Therapy programs offers South Dakota troubled teens ages 11 to 17 a unique experience that leads to self-discovery and awareness. Through various therapeutic adventures, students experience multiple natural areas of Southern Idaho.
BlueFire Wilderness Therapy is located in Idaho, not South Dakota. However, we help families from all over the country find success.
During their time at BlueFires wilderness therapy programs, they participate in multiple activities including camping, hiking, canoeing, and rock climbing. Teens from South Dakota learn new insight on personal strengths, issues, and goals through their experience in a new environment and participation in adventure activities and therapies.
Some of the evidence based therapies students gain from our expert staff and wilderness therapy programs include:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Equine Therapy
- Family Therapy
The combination of these therapies along with adventure activities helps teens develop skills needed to transition back into the real world. Cooking, fire building, and orienteering are just a few of the skills that teens learn during their experience at BlueFire.
These skills not only lead to them repairing a relationship with themselves, but also others around them. As they achieve and accomplish the many challenges wilderness therapy programs have to offer, teens develop new ways of thinking, realize their full potential, and increase self-confidence.
Families Trust BlueFire Wilderness Therapy Programs for Adolescents from South Dakota
BlueFire Wilderness works with teens who are struggling with a variety of mental health issues or disorders. We strongly believe that wilderness therapy programs can provide immense therapeutic benefits through the use of equine therapy, adventure therapy, and group therapy.
Although BlueFire is not located in South Dakota, we help teens from all over the country achieve success.
Many of the students who attend BlueFire Wilderness are struggling with life’s demands. During their time at our wilderness therapy programs, students learn how to process personal issues, gain confidence in themselves, and rebuild relationships.
Located in Southern Idaho, BlueFire Wilderness offers South Dakota families a new environment for their struggling teens to find success. Although we are not located in South Dakota, studies have shown that separating youth from their current environment can be an essential part to their therapeutic success.
Unlike other wilderness therapy programs for troubled teens, BlueFire Wilderness allows the client to oversee what they want to get out of their time while at our program. We work with teens and their families from South Dakota to provide them with the best treatment designed for their needs.
If your child is struggling to find success, call us today at 1 (844) 413-1399 to learn more about how BlueFire Wilderness therapy programs can help your teen and family from South Dakota.
NACDD: The National Association of Councils on Developmental Disabilities works to create resources and programs to help individuals and families struggling with a developmental disability. They hope to empower individuals with developmental disabilities and help them become active members of society. They serve as the main hub for the 56 councils on developmental disabilities across the United States.
MHA: Mental Health America is a community-based nonprofit that works to address the needs of those battling with mental illness. It strives to promote the overall mental health of all Americans, and provides local and national resources for individuals within the United States. They strongly encourage individuals and families to get the help the need and hope to eliminate the negative stigma on mental health.
Who Does BlueFire Wilderness Therapy Help?
BlueFire Wilderness helps teens and families looking for wilderness programs who are struggling with challenges like those below:
– Defiant Behaviors
– Academic Failure
– Family Conflict
– Social isolation
– School Refusal
– Adoption Issues
– Technology Addiction
– Anger Issues
– Bipolar Disorder
– Learning Disorders
– Low Self Esteem
BlueFire Wilderness Therapy Programs help South Dakota families from:
Some examples of cities from South Dakota which may have families who may be interested in BlueFire Wilderness include: Sioux Falls Rapid Hartford
BlueFire Wilderness Therapy Programs Help Families From South Dakota
BlueFire Wilderness helps South Dakota families from cities and towns like: Hartford
- Healthy Habits Learned at blueFire WildernessDuring the adolescent years, teens rarely take into consideration their physical health and even less so on mental health. They know they are experiencing a wide range of emotions but are unclear on how to sort through them all in a positive and effective manner. This can lead to depression,... Read more »
- Wilderness Programs for Youth: Damaging Effect of Technology AddictionWith technology continually innovating, it has become an integral part of our society. Technology has allowed our society to advance in many ways, including advancements in communication, entertainment, information sharing, access to goods and services, and much more. Technology has taken over many sectors of our lives, in particular, youth... Read more »
- Treatment for Teen Depression Needed More Than Ever BeforeRising Rates Of Depression In Teens Teen depression is on the rise–but if you watch or read the news, you probably already knew that piece of information. The treatment for teen depression is needed now more than ever. The questions we all have are why is it rising and how... Read more »