Families Trust BlueFire Wilderness Therapy Programs for Adolescents from Oregon
BlueFire Wilderness works with teens who are struggling with a variety of mental health issues or disorders. We strongly believe that wilderness therapy programs can provide immense therapeutic benefits through the use of equine therapy, adventure therapy, and group therapy.
Although BlueFire is not located in Oregon, we help teens from all over the country achieve success.
Many of the students who attend BlueFire Wilderness are struggling with life’s demands. During their time at our wilderness therapy programs, students learn how to process personal issues, gain confidence in themselves, and rebuild relationships.
Located in Southern Idaho, BlueFire Wilderness offers Oregon families a new environment for their struggling teens to find success. Although we are not located in Oregon, studies have shown that separating youth from their current environment can be an essential part to their therapeutic success.
Unlike other wilderness therapy programs for troubled teens, BlueFire Wilderness allows the client to oversee what they want to get out of their time while at our program. We work with teens and their families from Oregon to provide them with the best treatment designed for their needs.
If your child is struggling to find success, call us today at 1 (844) 413-1399 to learn more about how BlueFire Wilderness therapy programs can help your teen and family from Oregon.
Who Does BlueFire Wilderness Therapy Help?
BlueFire Wilderness helps teens and families looking for wilderness programs who are struggling with challenges like those below:
– Social isolation
– Defiant Behaviors
– Anger Issues
– Family Conflict
– Low Self Esteem
– Adoption Issues
– Technology Addiction
– Bipolar Disorder
– Learning Disorders
– School Refusal
– Academic Failure
Wilderness Therapy Programs for Troubled Teens Can Help
BlueFire Wilderness Therapy programs offers Oregon troubled teens ages 11 to 17 a unique experience that leads to self-discovery and awareness. Through various therapeutic adventures, students experience multiple natural areas of Southern Idaho.
BlueFire Wilderness Therapy is located in Idaho, not Oregon. However, we help families from all over the country find success.
During their time at BlueFires wilderness therapy programs, they participate in multiple activities including camping, hiking, canoeing, and rock climbing. Teens from Oregon learn new insight on personal strengths, issues, and goals through their experience in a new environment and participation in adventure activities and therapies.
Some of the evidence based therapies students gain from our expert staff and wilderness therapy programs include:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Equine Therapy
- Family Therapy
The combination of these therapies along with adventure activities helps teens develop skills needed to transition back into the real world. Cooking, fire building, and orienteering are just a few of the skills that teens learn during their experience at BlueFire.
These skills not only lead to them repairing a relationship with themselves, but also others around them. As they achieve and accomplish the many challenges wilderness therapy programs have to offer, teens develop new ways of thinking, realize their full potential, and increase self-confidence.
Wikipedia: Wikipedia is a catch-all source of information on almost every topic imaginable. For topics related to mental health treatment, Wikipedia has a wealth of articles about a wide range of treatment options. Their article on wilderness therapy programs describes the history of wilderness therapy, as well as its benefits.
Why Wilderness Works: This specific resource emphasizes how dominate technology addiction is in youth. Its main focus in on technology and video game addiction. It promotes the need for the reduction and removal of technology stimulus to help adolescents experience a more permanent and real recovery.
BlueFire Wilderness Therapy Programs help Oregon families from:
Some examples of cities from Oregon which may have families who may be interested in BlueFire Wilderness include: Portland Salem Eugene Gresham Hillsboro Beaverton Bend Medford Springfield Corvallis Albany Tigard
BlueFire Wilderness Therapy Programs Help Families From Oregon
BlueFire Wilderness helps Oregon families from cities and towns like: Raleigh Hills Cedar Mill Lake Oswego Tolovana Park Arch Cape West Haven-Sylvan West Slope Cannon Beach West Linn Happy Valley
- The Impact of Childhood Trauma on Teen BehaviorChildhood is one of the most impactful stages in one’s life. Your experiences during childhood can shape the way you see and view the world. While many people view childhood as a light-hearted and happy time, many children also experience adverse childhood experiences, otherwise known as childhood trauma. These experiences... Read more »
- Wilderness Programs for Youth: Damaging Effect of Technology AddictionWith technology continually innovating, it has become an integral part of our society. Technology has allowed our society to advance in many ways, including advancements in communication, entertainment, information sharing, access to goods and services, and much more. Technology has taken over many sectors of our lives, in particular, youth... Read more »
- Healthy Habits Learned at blueFire WildernessDuring the adolescent years, teens rarely take into consideration their physical health and even less so on mental health. They know they are experiencing a wide range of emotions but are unclear on how to sort through them all in a positive and effective manner. This can lead to depression,... Read more »