Families Trust BlueFire Wilderness Therapy Programs for Adolescents from Oklahoma
BlueFire Wilderness works with teens who are struggling with a variety of mental health issues or disorders. We strongly believe that wilderness therapy programs can provide immense therapeutic benefits through the use of equine therapy, adventure therapy, and group therapy.
Although BlueFire is not located in Oklahoma, we help teens from all over the country achieve success.
Many of the students who attend BlueFire Wilderness are struggling with life’s demands. During their time at our wilderness therapy programs, students learn how to process personal issues, gain confidence in themselves, and rebuild relationships.
Located in Southern Idaho, BlueFire Wilderness offers Oklahoma families a new environment for their struggling teens to find success. Although we are not located in Oklahoma, studies have shown that separating youth from their current environment can be an essential part to their therapeutic success.
Unlike other wilderness therapy programs for troubled teens, BlueFire Wilderness allows the client to oversee what they want to get out of their time while at our program. We work with teens and their families from Oklahoma to provide them with the best treatment designed for their needs.
If your child is struggling to find success, call us today at 1 (844) 413-1399 to learn more about how BlueFire Wilderness therapy programs can help your teen and family from Oklahoma.
Wilderness Therapy Programs for Troubled Teens Can Help
BlueFire Wilderness Therapy programs offers Oklahoma troubled teens ages 11 to 17 a unique experience that leads to self-discovery and awareness. Through various therapeutic adventures, students experience multiple natural areas of Southern Idaho.
BlueFire Wilderness Therapy is located in Idaho, not Oklahoma. However, we help families from all over the country find success.
During their time at BlueFires wilderness therapy programs, they participate in multiple activities including camping, hiking, canoeing, and rock climbing. Teens from Oklahoma learn new insight on personal strengths, issues, and goals through their experience in a new environment and participation in adventure activities and therapies.
Some of the evidence based therapies students gain from our expert staff and wilderness therapy programs include:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Equine Therapy
- Family Therapy
The combination of these therapies along with adventure activities helps teens develop skills needed to transition back into the real world. Cooking, fire building, and orienteering are just a few of the skills that teens learn during their experience at BlueFire.
These skills not only lead to them repairing a relationship with themselves, but also others around them. As they achieve and accomplish the many challenges wilderness therapy programs have to offer, teens develop new ways of thinking, realize their full potential, and increase self-confidence.
Who Does BlueFire Wilderness Therapy Help?
BlueFire Wilderness helps teens and families looking for wilderness programs who are struggling with challenges like those below:
– Anger Issues
– Low Self Esteem
– Technology Addiction
– Adoption Issues
– Defiant Behaviors
– Social isolation
– Family Conflict
– Bipolar Disorder
– Learning Disorders
– Academic Failure
– School Refusal
Aacap.org: The American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry focuses on promoting the wellbeing and mental health of youth. The site offers families, caregivers, and individuals various local resources to find physicians, treatment programs, and care in their area. They also provide multiple Facts for Families guides; which are organized by topic depending on the child or family’s individual needs.
Wikipedia: Wikipedia is a catch-all source of information on almost every topic imaginable. For topics related to mental health treatment, Wikipedia has a wealth of articles about a wide range of treatment options. Their article on wilderness therapy programs describes the history of wilderness therapy, as well as its benefits.
BlueFire Wilderness Therapy Programs Help Families From Oklahoma
BlueFire Wilderness helps Oklahoma families from cities and towns like: Nichols Hills Edmond Goldsby Forest Park Piedmont Jenks Bixby Newcastle Blanchard Dickson
BlueFire Wilderness Therapy Programs help Oklahoma families from:
Some examples of cities from Oklahoma which may have families who may be interested in BlueFire Wilderness include: Oklahoma City Tulsa Norman Broken Arrow Lawton Edmond Moore Midwest Enid
- Wilderness Programs for Youth: Damaging Effect of Technology AddictionWith technology continually innovating, it has become an integral part of our society. Technology has allowed our society to advance in many ways, including advancements in communication, entertainment, information sharing, access to goods and services, and much more. Technology has taken over many sectors of our lives, in particular, youth... Read more »
- Tips for Parents on Dealing with Tech Addiction in TeensTech Addiction in Teens Technology has become a major part of teenagers’ lives. It can be used for educational purposes, communicating with friends, entertainment, and socializing. However, too much technology use has been linked to several problems, such as anxiety, low self-esteem, and depression. Technology use in the teenage and... Read more »
- Healthy Habits Learned at blueFire WildernessDuring the adolescent years, teens rarely take into consideration their physical health and even less so on mental health. They know they are experiencing a wide range of emotions but are unclear on how to sort through them all in a positive and effective manner. This can lead to depression,... Read more »