BlueFire wilderness therapy program offers a 6-10 week non-traditional, once in a lifetime experience of discovery and rediscovery. Reconnect your family. Enroll your student today.
Reconnect with nature, others, yourself.
BlueFire Wilderness Therapy is a top notch wilderness program fostering change in 11-17 year old struggling teens. With a high level of clinical sophistication and a highly experienced staff, we provide many opportunities for clients to experience adventure, have success, and rediscover their true self in beautiful Southern Idaho.
Gather: Connect with therapists, learn your resources, and structure possibilities
Build: Skills and belief systems. Learn new ways of coping and dealing with issues, struggles and troubles
Ignite: Practice new life skills- communication, empathy, service, exercise, adventure, therapy, self insight.
Adventure Activities: Mountain biking, Hiking, Yoga, Snowshoeing, Camping, Equine therapy, Nordic Skiing
Multi-day treks: Warm springs, Waterfalls, Canyons, Mountains
Skill building: Hard Skills- trip planning, navigating, cooking Soft Skills- teamwork, direct communication, confidence, accountability, etc.
Why BlueFire Wilderness Therapy?
NON-TRADITIONAL COMFORT AND CARE
- Base Camp: yurt structures with bunk beds, chairs, storage. Time for showers, phone conferences, laundry
- Equine facility: weekly interaction with horses in therapy sessions and general grooming
- Multi-disciplinary team: a team of professionals all involved in providing treatment
- Extra therapy time: a therapist in the group, in the field, four times per week
- Family time: four day Family Spark experience reuniting, communicating, future planning
- High Quality Gear: clients start their program with as much as they believe they need and work towards primitive skills for maximum self-relianc
LET YOUR GUARD DOWN
With every day, you have the opportunity to practice new adventure education emotional, behavioral and physical skills.
Learn how our passions, values and experience create such powerful life changes within our program.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
Discover what days out in the wilderness look like for your student- education, nature, community, support, fullness.