Why blueFire Wilderness Therapy Works
blueFire Wilderness Therapy is a premier wilderness therapy program for troubled teens and young adults struggling with emotional, social and behavioral challenges. We utilize a comprehensive approach to teen treatment based on research and decades of experience. Pre-Teens ages 11-14, Teens ages 15 – 17 and young adults ages 18-28 receive a leading and comprehensive adventure experience that can help them – and help the entire family. What makes blueFire Wilderness Therapy unique? Our strength is how we combine clinical expertise, adventure experiences, academic assessments and a family systems approach. We utilize highly trained staff, cutting-edge technology and the latest research to create the best environment for change .
We at blueFire wilderness program believe in, and are passionate about, helping our clients to develop specific and translatable skills. As such, our program is designed to create a high impact in a relatively short period of time.
How is blueFire Wilderness Therapy different than other programs?
Our program incorporates:
- More therapy as therapists are “in the field” with clients four days per week
- Individual therapy two times per week. Group therapy four times per week.
- A family-centered approach involving parents in a comprehensive program to reconnect the entire family through a family systems process
- Weekly equine therapy to develop healthy relationships and improved communication
- Base camps complete with yurts, cots, cooking center – all activities stem from this “home away from home” In the summer months they each have their own individual tent.
- Adventure Therapy as an integral part of program to explore personal growth through a variety of new experiences
- Technology used for video journals and video conferencing family therapy sessions
Connecting Families through Wilderness Therapy and Adventure
Life is a journey. Our comprehensive multi-faceted and clinical approach in the wilderness helps teens and their parents navigate this journey in a positive direction. We believe that through a balance of self-assessment, insight oriented therapy, outdoor living, adventure activities and academic focus these teens will find their true selves. We provide a supportive opportunity for parents and children to re-connect and strengthen their relationship.
“blueFire Wilderness has consistently hit it out of the park for my clients. They are highly skilled and caring, and the program is run expertly. I highly recommend Blue Fire!”- Educational Consultant
“For me, sending my son to blueFire was a big leap of faith. It turned out much better than I could have ever hoped or imagined. I'm incredibly grateful for all of their work.”- Robert, Father
“Jon is the best therapist I have ever encountered in my life. He is extremely knowledgeable, effective and is a large part of the reason for Niki’s healing. He’s a gem.”Heather, Mother