blueFire Wilderness Therapy
Why blueFire Wilderness Therapy Works
blueFire Wilderness Therapy is a premier wilderness therapy program for troubled teens and young adults struggling with emotional, social and behavioral challenges. We utilize a comprehensive approach to teen treatment based on research and decades of experience. Pre-Teens ages 11-14, Teens ages 15 – 17 and young adults ages 18-28 receive a leading and comprehensive adventure experience that can help them – and help the entire family. What makes blueFire Wilderness Therapy unique? Our strength is how we combine clinical expertise, adventure experiences, academic assessments and a family systems approach. We utilize highly trained staff, cutting-edge technology and the latest research to create the best environment for change. Our wilderness adventure therapy for at risk youth helps teens overcome their challenges to become the best versions of themselves.
We at blueFire wilderness program believe in, and are passionate about, helping our clients to develop specific and translatable skills. As such, our program is designed to create a high impact in a relatively short period of time.
How is blueFire Wilderness Therapy different than other programs?
Our program incorporates:
- More therapy as therapists are “in the field” with clients four days per week
- Individual therapy two times per week. Group therapy four times per week.
- A family-centered approach involving parents in a comprehensive program to reconnect the entire family through a family systems process
- Weekly equine therapy to develop healthy relationships and improved communication
- Base camps complete with yurts, cots, cooking center – all activities stem from this “home away from home” In the summer months they each have their own individual tent.
- Adventure Therapy as an integral part of program to explore personal growth through a variety of new experiences
- Technology used for video journals and video conferencing family therapy sessions
- Clients can get up to 3.5 credits for middle school and high school
Connecting Families through Wilderness Therapy and Adventure
Life is a journey. Our comprehensive multi-faceted and clinical approach in the wilderness helps teens and their parents navigate this journey in a positive direction. We believe that through a balance of self-assessment, insight-oriented therapy, outdoor living, adventure activities, and academic focus these teens will find their true selves. We provide a supportive opportunity for parents and children to reconnect and strengthen their relationships.
“blueFire Wilderness has consistently hit it out of the park for my clients. They are highly skilled and caring, and the program is run expertly. I highly recommend Blue Fire!”- Educational Consultant
“For me, sending my son to blueFire was a big leap of faith. It turned out much better than I could have ever hoped or imagined. I'm incredibly grateful for all of their work.”- Robert, Father
“Jon is the best therapist I have ever encountered in my life. He is extremely knowledgeable, effective and is a large part of the reason for Niki’s healing. He’s a gem.”Heather, Mother